I'm in the United States since the 9th of August now. I spent the days until the 13th of August in a camp in NEW YORK!!!!!! That's a weekly camp, organised from Into, my exchange organisation, which all Into-students attend before they go to their host-families. I'm glad I wasn't in the camp when Irene came to NY! That camp was a lot of fun, but also very exhausting because we had to walk around a lot. I tell you, do not try to see all of New York in 3 days...!!!! In the evening we were all tired to death! But there were many fun people :D I had a great time.


Times Square!!
New York by night :)

View from the Rockefeller Center: Central Park !!!

Empire State Building lalalalalala :)

I'm the one on the left, I know you can't really recognize me but I alway wanted to get something like that!! :)

Statue of Liberty, wow!!

Amazing people
The 13th of August, I flew from New York (La Guardia;LGA) to Detroit (Detroit Metro Wayne County;DTW). My host family picked me up there and welcomed me warmly.

Me and Kristen, my hostsister, at the airport
And since then, the US state Michigan is what I will call my home for one year. The house here is really small and it's really near lake Erie, so it also doesn't have a basement. Uhh if a tornado'd come we'd be pretty much screwed... And yes, the nuclear power plants are near.. really near. ^^

mhm... ^^
It's the 6th of September now, and I've already setteld in a little.

My room: Dangerous Swiss Wildlife ;)

Me & Winnston (Winnie) he's the cutest thing on earth :D

Things are going back to normal, I'm doing my nails :)
I joined the cheerleaders. And it's a predjudice that they are all mean and arrogant and cocky!! Far from it! They all came up to me and kindly included me in the team. All very nice girls! But yeah, they are all pretty! And huh, the cheer uniforms should be sexy?! hahahahah no, not ours!!! We even wear a bodysuit ( sones engs ding wo langärmlig isch und en rollchrage het..) I already cheered at two football games. :D But I tell you, it's kinda hard! You have to remember all the cheers and crowdlines with the motions and the words, be tight, AND smile. hahahahah and I soooooo don't understand football ^^.
Yupp, that's me cheerleading :D

Our highschools football team, the Jefferson Bears!
I also went dressshopping and bought my homecoming and winterfest dresses! woooooh, imagine, you walk into a store and it's FULL of beautiful dresses!! We already went cosmic bowling once. (das isch bowle eifach no so mit so liechter aso weisch die wos so lüüchted wennd wiisssi chleider ah hesch ^^)
But a lot of the time, we're just being lazy and watching tv. Well, I guess that's just the way life is here. School starts September 7th, that's tomorrow. I'm excited for that :D weird, I know, that I'm excited for school. ^^ But I'm also a little afraid.. hehe I have my outfit ready, all the stuff packed and I know where my locker is. What could possibly go wrong? ;) OK, a lot, if your name's Ina.... ^^ I really think it's gonna get a loooot busier then.
and yeah, everybody laughs because of my accent. I'm, once again, "cuuuuuuuute". Been there.. ^^
So, this Blog took me forever ^^. I gotta go to bed now, school tomorrow o.O Wish me luck!
I miss you
xxx

my swiss tower :D daaaaaanke clara ^^
haha cool gfallts der...
ReplyDeletewünsch der na mega vill spass in amerika (und pass uf wegem AKW :D)
Oh wow, Im currently attending the highschool and i was looking up our logo for a forum im creating, just found your blog, pretty cool.
ReplyDelete